IT Network Technician
Unique Metals Laser are one of Australia’s most successful laser cutting and fabrication specialists with an enviable reputation for innovation and customer satisfaction and we have operations in all Australian mainland states.
We provide high precision cutting for a diverse range of materials, including different grades of mild steel, stainless steel and aluminium. Our fabrication services include metal folding, tapping, welding, painting and galvanising.
Unique Metals Laser are currently looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and committed Programmer to join our Welshpool team.
About the role:
We are currently seeking applications from a driven and competent IT professional to join our team. This will be a challenging and rewarding role which forms an integral part of our operation. The role will be based in Coopers Plains, Brisbane, QLD and will take responsibility for maintaining and troubleshooting the existing network infrastructure as well as assisting with designing and implementing networks for future projects. The position will require a hands-on approach by a person with a positive attitude to get things done.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Install, configure and support multi-site network equipment and services including routers, switches, WLAN AP, security systems and cameras, VPN.
- Design and implement new network solutions and improve the efficiency of current networks.
- Monitor the performance of multi-site networks and equipment to ensure high availability.
- Monitor and respond to network security alerts.
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advice.
- Platform maintenance activities i.e. patching, bug fixes, security vulnerabilities.
- Provide input to the internal knowledge base through creation of documentation and updating records.
- Assist with management of servers and infrastructure.
- Provide end user training and guidance as required.
- Assist to develop, promote and increase business efficiencies of the company.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Tertiary qualification in IT or equivalent industry certification.
- Cisco CCNP preferred, CCNA as a minimum.
- Proficient in advanced Cisco IOS configuration – DMVPN, FlexVPN.
- Strong enterprise networking experience with LAN, WAN, WLAN, VoIP, VLAN, SD-WAN.
- Experience with Microsoft products including Server 2016+ and Hyper-V.
- Working knowledge of AD, DNS, DHCP and general networking principles.
- Extensive knowledge of network cabling, routing, switching and wireless technologies.
- High degree of personal integrity and confidentiality.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Training and ongoing support from Operation manager and team.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Successful candidates must have Australian work rights
Apply now for your next exciting and unique job with a growing and successful company
Successful candidates will be asked to undergo a pre-employment drug & alcohol test