Technical Estimator & Draftsperson
Unique Metals Laser are one of Australia’s most successful laser cutting and fabrication specialists with an enviable reputation for innovation and customer satisfaction and we have operations in all Australian mainland states.
We provide high precision cutting for a diverse range of materials, including different grades of mild steel, stainless steel and aluminium. Our fabrication services include metal folding, tapping, welding, painting and galvanising.
Unique Metals Laser are currently looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and committed Technical Estimator & Draftsperson to join our Wangara team.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Supporting Unique’ s customers and clients through all issues relating to the
Laser cutting and fabrication of their products
- Servicing our customer’s needs and requests professionally, thoroughly and in a timely manner
- Follow up with customer requests, including quotations, order processing, complaints and technical and general queries
- Assisting the production, sales and customer service officers with technical support
- Market development activities
- Generating leads with new and existing customers
The successful candidate will possess:
- Experience in Manufacturing with a degree of experience in drafting for manufacturing processes
- An understanding of fabrication processes including, laser cutting, folding, welding and assembly processes
- Experience with 3D design packages, preferably Inventor or Solidworks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in Sheetmetal design
- Sound computer skills and is familiar with MS Office
- Experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment, desirable but not essential
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in laser cutting and fabrication processes, desirable but not essential
- An understanding of quality management systems
Successful candidates must have Australian work rights.
Apply now for your next exciting and unique job with a growing and successful company.
Successful candidates will be asked to undergo a pre-employment drug & alcohol test.